How to view Google VR:
The 3D virtual reality experience has never been easier – or cheaper. Download the free Street View app, and order the Cardboard Viewer for only $15. Viewing (and creating) 3D Panoramic spheres is easy with the app. The imagery can also can be viewed on Google Maps, and even embedded on a web page or post.
To launch a virtual tour on a website in four steps:
Step #1: go to https://google.com/maps
Step #2: navigate to an address of a known tour
Step #3: turn on Google Street View
Step #4: click on a blue bubble
In the tour, click on the white chevron arrows to navigate the tour site.
NOTE: sometimes photospheres are not connected to others.
To launch a Google Virtual Tour in 3D on the Cardboard Viewer:
- Order Google Cardboard or order custom printed replicas for as low as $1.64 each here.
- Download Street View to your smartphone from your app source
- Launch Street View from your phone
- Navigate to the to the desired geographic location on your phone
- Tap the center (viewer) icon on the upper right corner of your screen
- Load the phone into Cardboard Viewer (WARNING: DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE A HISTORY OF EPILEPSY)
- Within the tour, click on the top right of the Cardboard viewer to advance from one tour point to the other. NOTE: sometimes tours points are not connected to each other.
Download the instructions PDF here: Google 3D Viewer
DIY: 3D panorama virtual tour made with an iPhone – click here
Contact me for more information.
Bob Henderson – a Certified & Trusted Google Photographer