Many business owners focus on the design appearance of their site first. Counter-intuitively, this is really one of the least important parts of what makes a site rank high and work well. It’s also one of the easiest and least expensive things to modify. A site may look great, but if nobody can find it, what’s the purpose? Some of the best looking sites, are the slowest to load. A site that doesn’t load in less than 3 seconds, it will have a much larger number of “bounces” (people that abandon the site).
“What separates design from art, is that design is meant to be… functional.”
– Cameron Moll
Important site construction features:
- Load speed (less than 3 seconds).
- Easy navigation with visual images.
- Mobile friendly responsive AND adaptive design.
- Concise information that is not repetitive, and even worse, content that has been duplicated from another site, or even another page. Google will penalize for this.
- Text: limited use of ALL CAPS text. The human eye reads all caps much slower and has greater difficulty processing it.
- Calls to action on each page or post.
- Contact info (which is a call to action) on each page or post.
- Contact form, instead of an email. Emails are easily harvested by spammers and can hurt, or even blacklist your site. I like to use an easy math problem instead of a captcha with this.
- WordPress Framework, which is the engine of the website. WordPress is the undisputed framework of choice.
- An HTML Level 5 theme. I use Genesis themes for that.
- Google Analytics tracking code embedded on each webpage. This allows monitoring of site traffic, bounce rates, time on site, navigation, demographics and much, much more.
- Business listing: Google, Bing, Yelp (et. al.) business listing verification.
- Reputation management through Google Alerts and Talk-walker monitoring.
- Yoast Local integration for SEO, which is a paid subscription included in my cost.
- Cloudflare – a website security service (CDN).
- Back-up Buddy – weekly or daily backups of the entire site.
- A dozen or more plugin’s that do a variety of functions that have to be updated continually.
- Spam filters – plugins that stop spam.
- Integration with social media.
- Secure passwords that are changed periodically.
- Site audits with independent third party tools to measure the sites performance.
- Google Map Maker – insure business location(s) are listed properly
- Virtual Tour Integration
Website design and maintenance using WordPress with Genesis Framework which is HTML 5. WordPress is the platform that we use for all of my sites. It is the most widely used website software on the internet. It is stable, safe and allows for a wide variety of styles and functionality. It also built of the Genesis Framework by StudioPress.
Inlcuded in our maintenance package:
- Backup Buddy – automatically backs up sites monthly, weekly or dailey based upon the amount of activity your site requires.
- Akismet – a anti-spam service that filters comments and prevents spammers from using your site for malicious intent.
- Responsive Genesis Framework Themes – a design that reformats your site to work on all platforms, weather it be a desk top computer, smart phone or tablet/iPad.
- Acuity Scheduling – a great appointment service for scheduling appointments, rescheduling appointments, canceling appointments and sending out follow-up messages for customer satisfaction feedback.
- Alerts – we use multiple service systems to monitor your company name for media articles and customer reviews.
- Social Media Integration – we integrate Google+, FaceBook, Pinteret, et. al. into your website.
- Social Media Listings – We list your business on over a dozen internet directories (Google Places, Google+, Bing, Yelp, Manta, Merchant Circle, Yahoo, YellowBot, FourSquare, Pinterest, Instagram, Trip Advisor, City Search, Map Quest, and more).
- Media – integration of video and photo content into your site. We can also develop videos for your business as well.
- Google Analytics – detailed reporting on the performance of your site.
- Shopping Carts – on-line shopping carts for a wide variety of goods and services.
Our development services are based on a one year agreement and is billed on monthly rate plan, depending on the size of the site and the amount of integrated services used.
WEBSITE OPTIMIZATION by SEO
This includes a variety of modifications to a website that will boost major search engine rankings with sites like Google Places and Bing.
- Keyword content and placement
- Redesign of the site layout
- WordPress – makes a website more secure, helps filter out spam, has a Blog content option and reduces the maintenance cost of websites.
- Site-map – this is a directory code that helps search engines find the individual pages of a website
- Meta Tags – Internet code that helps verify the website with sites like Google Maps, Google Places, Google Analytics, Bing, et.al.
- Optimize website load time by managing content size
- Video Production
- Quality Graphic Design helps optimize your site
SOCIAL MEDIA SUBMISSIONS
We will list your site on 22 key SM’s and most of the GPS data bases.
Google+ Local (formerly Google Places)
- This is not the same as Google Maps, although there is some linkage. Even though your business may show up in a Google search, it does not mean it’s listed here. This is fairly simple to do, and we will be happy to guide you through it. It requires a phone verification (or post card) for not only the main office, but for each branch (this is where most people fall short – and the same for over 20 other social media data bases).
- This requires a Meta Tag (computer code) to be placed in the raw code of the website header. It also requires a post card delivered to the physical address for verification of the organization.
- This also required computer code in the website. But this is a very cool (free) service that allows you to watch the activity of your website. You can even see demographics, geo locations, what type of device they are using e.g. type of smart phone, iPad, computer type, computer browser, gender and much, much more.
Other Applications that require registration (or claiming)
- Yelp • Map Quest • Manta • City Search • City Grid • Four Square • Merchant Circle • Super Pages • Super Media • Yellow Pages • Local • Infousa • AOL • Yahoo • Lycos • Yellow Bot • Loopt • Localeze • BizFind • YouTube • Google Maps