How to register your business. How to give Google reviews:
Google is the most widely used search engine, comprising around 90% of all internet searches. The power of getting ranked high by your primary keywords (i.e. “home inspection nashville tn” for a home inspector in Nashville, Tennessee) can make a big difference in having your business found online. There are many ranking factors that influence this. Blog activity is thought to be the most important one, but for local businesses, I have found that there are more important priorities.
I recently helped a local coffee shop get on the map with Google. I noticed that when I Siried “coffee shop” right in front of his cafe, they were not showing up. The first problem was, that no one had registered his establishment on Google (many web designers don’t do this). Not having a Google business listing, there was no way for anyone to give them positive reviews, which is clearly a big ranking factor in search results. I registered his site with Google, and after a few reviews, abracadabra: #1 in that geographical search!
How to register your business for free on Google:
Get, or use your Gmail account username and password.
- Go to Google for business: select your category of business, search for your company name and claim it, if it’s not there, list your business. Google will send you a post card in 1 – 2 weeks. It will have a verification code on it, that you will need to enter.
- Go back to Google for business and enter the verification code. That’s it!
Download this PDF to see what the process looks like.
NOTE: One of the newest tricks in the book are unscrupulous telemarketers calling, claiming to be with Google, wanting to verify your business. Fraud! Google will not call you to do that. These callers are selling something else.
How to give a Google review:
Add a rating & review
- Open Google Maps on your computer and make sure you’re signed in (Gmail username and password).
- Search for a place.
- On the card that appears below the search box, click Write a review.
- In the window that appears, click the stars to score a place and write a review.
NOTE: Do not try to rate yourself, or let someone else rate you on your device. This will get it deleted, or worse.
Google Business will also give you some analytics even without the code being embedded in your website.
Athens of the South Visual Design
#googlereviews #howtogetgooglereviews #googlebusinessregistration